*Not all programs are offered at all campuses
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Program Description: The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
- BLS for prehospital Privider
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Program Description: Upon completion of this class, the participant will be able to know how to manage cardiorespiratory emergencies by using the systematic ACLS guidelines of the American Heart Association, (AHA). You will know how to evaluate and manage a sudden adult respiratory arrest, VF/VT arrest, asystole, pulseless electrical activity, bradycardias, stable and unstable tachycardias, acute coronary syndromes and acute stroke.
- ACLS for Experienced Providers
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Program Description: The completely redesigned American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support course is based on new science evidence from the 2005 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC and a new teaching methodology. The goal of the PALS course is to aid the pediatric healthcare provider in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively manage critically ill infants and children, resulting in improved outcomes. Skills taught include recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest; the systematic approach to pediatric assessment; effective respiratory management; defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion; intraosseous access and fluid bolus administration; and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
American Heart Association Courses Offered By HCI College河北体彩11选5走势图:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- First Aid
- AED Training
- BLS Instructor course
- ACLS Instructor course
- PALS Instructor course
To register, call (561) 586-0121 or:
*HCI College河北体彩11选5走势图 will come to your office/agency/group/facility and provide customized class offering depending on your needs. We welcome the opportunity to be your training solution regardless of the challenges you may have. Please contact HCI College河北体彩11选5走势图 to discuss your needs.
Is a Career in Healthcare Right for You? Find Out!
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.